Qualcomm has launched Snapdragon 636 Handset processor at 2017 4G/5G Summit in Hong Kong. It really is an enhanced type of Snapdragon 630, that was launched former this year. It provides upto 1 .8GHz Kyro 260 cores x 8 which is developed making use of 14nm FinFet Process. Moreover, it contains Adreno 509 GPU that is offered to provide 10% increased functionality compared to Adreno 508. Furthermore, Snapdragon 636 comes with Qualcomm Quick Charge 4 capability. The Snapdragon 636 handles 18:9 display screens with as much as Full HD+ (2160 x 1080 pixels resolution). It will also support alone 24MP shooter or even up to 16MP dual cameras. The SoC additionally combines X12 LTE, Qualcomm All Mode and supports 7 cellular modes.
Fundamental Characteristics of Qualcomm Snapdragon 636:
- Around 1.8GHz octa-core Kyro 260 CPU built around 64-Bit Architecture.
- 14nm FinFet phase technology
- Qualcomm Hexagon 680 DSP with Qualcomm All-Ways Alert technology
- eMMC, UFS, USB 3.1
- Qualcomm Adreno 509 GPU with support for OpenGL ES 3.2, OpenCL 2.0, Vulkan, DX12
- Upto 24MP single camera or upto 16MP dual cameras with Qualcomm Spectra 160 ISP.
- Supports Hybrid Auto Focus, Optical Zoom, Zero Shutter Lag, Clear Sight.
- Upto 8GB LPDDR4 Dual-Channel Memory
- H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC), VP9, VP8 codecs
- VoLTE with SRVCC to 3G and 2G, VoWiFi with LTE call continuity, HD & Ultra HD Voice (EVS)
- Qualcomm AptX Codec technology, Aqstic audio technology (Dynamic range: 130db / THD+N: -109dB / PCM up to 192kHz/24bit)
- Dual-band 802.11ac with MU-MIMO 1×1, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, and SBAS and Bluetooth 5
- 3×20 MHz carrier aggregation with up to 256-QAM
- Hexagon 680 DSP with Qualcomm All-Ways Aware Technology, Snapdragon Neural Processing Engine SDK and Caffe/Caffe2 and Tensorflow support
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 4 Technology